With two-layer sponge filters, this corner filter combines physical and biochemical filtration for your fish and increases the oxygen solubility. The top layer of white filter pad serves a mechanical filtration, and the black bio-sponge and ceramic rings work as biochemical filtration and support the colonization of beneficial bacteria.
This filter is excellent for small size fish such as dwarf cichlid, guppy, killifish, shrimp, etc., or for hatcheries, maternity, nano tanks, and fry tanks, as the filter produces minimal current and has almost no way to suck the fish through the filter. Also, the air infusion chamber produces minute bubbles which increase the oxygen solubility.
Simply install an airline into the unit and provide both aeration and physical filtration combining with biochemical filtration for your fish. They are especially useful for breeding small fishes.
- Quiet filtering system. Especially good for breeding small fish.
- Efficiently remove toxic waste and maintain clean water for your fish.
- Easy to maintain. Just take out the sponge and rinse well when it becomes dirty.
- It includes all the filter components – Bioceramic, Bio sponge, gravel, etc.
What maintenance does it Require? The sponge will need to be rinsed every time it becomes dirty, about once every 2 to 4 weeks. It’s helpful to reserve the beneficial bacteria by washing the sponge gently with water from the fish tank instead of tap water.
- Material: Plastic, Biochemical Cotton, Stone
- Tube Length: 12 cm
- Total Height: 27 cm
- Color: White