The improved airlift biochemical sponge filter features silent operation, and has an excellent filtering effect while oxygenating the water, the social developed foam materials supports the colonization of bacteria, allowing for mechanical filtration in addition to biological filtration, which will break down harmful waste, ammonia, and nitrite material, resulting in a cleaner living environment for your fish, particular they are useful for as breeding filter or as a secondary filter. This filter is improved with extra pots at the bottom of the sponges. These pots can be filled with extra filter media to improve the colonization of bacteria and the whole filtration system.
This filter can be used in a reasonably small aquarium setup for most livebearers, shrimps, killifish, tetras, bettas, and so on. Perfect choice for your breeding setup or fry growing tank. We use the same filters in our breeding facilities. A few filters can be connected in a row and driven by one air-powerful enough pump.
- Increases the oxygen solubility supplying the water with much-needed oxygen.
- Works noiselessly reducing the noise from an air pump and consumes the lowest wattage.
- No dead spots in cylinder foam offers increased filtration.
- Having good permeability provides biological filtration to the aquarium and stabilizes water quality.
- Aerobic bacteria colonize the sponge providing a bacterial substance to facilitate the nitrogen cycle.
- Extra pots for more filtration media to expand the colonization of bacteria to improve the filtration process.
- The plastic and sponge materials are easy to dismantle and clean.
- Made with quality materials that will outlast many other sponge filters on the market.
- Adhesive suction cups provide a stable position on the smooth surface.